Name:
Location: Ferndale, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Domesticity=Headspin

Inspected Gadgets
Well, it's happened. We're "off the books" in the parlance of the Ferndale Building Inspector. Free to legally live and play in the addition on our bungaloft(tm) after three years effort. To put it in perspective, when we started working on this project I had just started work on a book that was published in September of 2004 and my now-2-year-old wee-est one wasn't yet around to ask for "MORE FROO SNATS".
Dim the lights and chill the ham, we're 2 legit to quit now. Hosta season's just around the corner.

Fact:I am not afraid to heat somthing up for 13 seconds in the microwave. I did it twice today. Aw, shit. That means I heated it for 26 seconds. Nevermind. Either way, superstition is not my bag at the moment.

Things I've had to explain to the not-so-wee-one in the last 24 hours:
The meaning of the word "Extraordinary" (hint: It's better than ordinary)
The origin of the word "Shoe". (to which I then had to explain the evolution of English from "Old" to "Middle" to "Modern" at which point I made a joke about "melting with you" at which point he resumed getting ready for school)
Why we can't make a "shark hat" right now. (hint: It would scare his aunt -- again -- and we didn't have construction paper handy)
Why it's a bad idea to play on the monkey bars without gloves. (hint: We'd just watched Christmas Story -- again)
How the remote start works on our new-used mini-maxi van (hint: It has to do with lasers. Hope I'm not too wrong on that 'un).